Parution récente de Women and the New Media in the Mediterranean Region, ouvrage dirigé par Fatima Sadiqi.
Table des matières :
Introduction : Fatima Sadiqi
Part I: The Ambivalent Impact of the New Media on Mediterranean Women
- Ch. 1: The Arab Woman’s Rights and her Images in the Media : Promotion of Gender Away from Sexism : Héla Kochbati
- Ch. 2: Obstacles to and Victims in Development: the Treatment of Illiterate Women in Arab Media and Society: Melodee Baines and Natalie McGarry
- Ch. 3: Power and Production of Knowledge: The Case of Moroccan Feminisms : Osire Glacier.
- Ch. 4: Women and TICs in Algeria : Malika Akham
- Ch. 5: On Some Linguistic Minorities in North Africa : The Use of TICs in the Expansion of Mother Tongues in the South of Mauritania: Madina Borana Touré
Part II: Women, New Media, and Education
- Ch.6: From School to Work: Hostile Representations of Women in Computer Science: Isabelle Collet.
- Ch. 7: The Role of Video Games in Educational and Professional Choices : Christine Fontanini.
- Ch. 8: Class 2.0 in Ukraine: Gender Analysis: Olena Goroshko.
Part III: Women, New media, and Activism
- Ch. 9: Using New Media to Combat Violence Against Women: Moha Ennaji
- Ch. 10: Advocacy Strategies for Marginalized Women in Morocco : Christie Edwards
- Ch. 11: Iranian Women Transforming Culture, Building Movements, through the Internet: Sussan Tahmasebi
Part IV: Women, Literary Production and Blogging
- Ch. 12: Body and Byte: New Media and Live Performance: Faiza Shereen
- Ch. 13: Autofiction on Screen: Self-Representation of Egyptian Women in Literary Blogs: Teresa Pepe
- Ch. 14: A Storm in a Teacup: How Could a TV Serial Unveil the Privacy of Ottoman Palaces? Protests, Discussions and Comments: Zehra Handan Salta and Zerrin Yanıkkaya.
- Ch. 15: When the Walls are Pulled Down : Arab Women’s Blogs : Chemseddoha Boraki
- Ch. 16: Egyptian Women and the New Media: Mozn Hassan
- Ch. 17: Powering on, powering up the Arab peoples: Internet Technologies and the Arab Spring, The cases of Egypt and Tunisia : Marlyn Tadros
- Ch. 18: The 20 February Movement and the Constitutional Reform in Morocco : A Sufficient Compromise ?” : Sara Borillo
- Ch. 19: From Keyboard to Megaphone: Facebook and Moroccan Youth Female Activists: Zahir Rahman