lundi 3 septembre 2007

Clin d'oeil d'humour: Who wants to marry a feminist?


Un texte rafraichissant qui fait sourire ...

Who wants to marry a feminist?
by Lisa Miya-Jervis


The winter I got engaged, a college friend was using some of my essays as course material for a Rhetoric 101 class she was teaching at a large Midwestern university. She couldn't wait to alert her students to my impending marriage. "They all think you're a lesbian," she told me. "One of them even asked if you hate men." I was blown over by the clichZ of it all--how had we come to the end of the twentieth century with such ridiculous, outmoded notions even partially intact? But I was, at least, pleased that my friend was able to use my story to banish the stereotype once and (I hoped) for all in the minds of 30 corn-fed first-years. "To a man?" they reportedly gasped when told the news.

Lire la suite

.

Aucun commentaire: